CURRENT AFFAIRS General Knowledge
1. Four Rajya Sabha MPs of which party joined the BJP on June 20?
d) Shiv Sena
2. Who has been named as the new speaker of Lok Sabha?
a) Virendra Kumar
b) Om Birla
c) Jitendra Singh
d) Nitin Gadkari
3. Who has been named as the Congress leader in Lok Sabha?
a) Manish Tewari
b) Shashi Tharoor
c) K Suresh
d) Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
4. Which cricketer has been ruled out of the ICC World Cup tournament?
a) Rishab Pant
b) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
c) Rohit Sharma
d) Shikhar Dhawan
5. Who won Femina Miss India 2019 Pageant?
a) Shivani Jadhav
b) Shreya Shanker
c) Suman Rao
d) Anukreethy Vas
6. What is the name of cryptocurrency wallet announced by Facebook and its partners recently?
7. PM Narendra Modi performed Yoga on International Yoga Day 2019 at which city?
8. What is the name of Facebook’s new digital currency?
Current Affairs Quiz June
1. Which nation has become the first to ratify the US-Mexico-Canada agreement?
d) None of the above
2. Which retail giant has to pay over 282 mn for violating anti-corruption regulations in 4 countries?
c) Best Buy
3. When was World Music Day 2019 observed?
a) June 22nd
b) June 21st
c) June 20th
d) June 19th
4. India vs Afghanistan match will take place in which stadium on June 22?
a) The Oval
b) Trent Bridge
c) Old Trafford
d) Rose Bowl
5. The External Affairs Ministry has issued an advisory to Indians visiting which nation?
6. When was the Summer Solstice 2019 observed?
a) 19th June
b) 20th June
c) 21st June
d) 22nd June
7. The Bharat Financial Inclusion will be merged with which bank on July 4, 2019?
a) IndusInd Bank
b) RBL Bank
c) IDBI Bank
d) Kotak Mahindra Bank
8. Which State recently made it mandatory for trekkers to carry a GPS device along with them?
b) Himachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
9. Which state received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for Namma Kolhapuri chappals?
10. The DD India channel will now be broadcasted in which two countries and in return, their state channels will be shown on DD Free Dish in India?
a) Nepal & Bhutan
b) Bhutan & Malaysia
c) Malaysia & Bangladesh
d) Bangladesh & South Korea
1. (a) Mexico
Mexico has ratified the US-Mexico-Canada agreement. This makes it the first country to give the new North American trade deal final approval despite recent tensions with the US. The deal aims to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The US and Canada have yet to ratify the deal.
2. (d) Walmart
International retail giant Walmart on June 20, 2019 agreed to pay over 282 US Dollar to various US bodies to settle charges of violating anti-corruption regulations while conducting its business in India, China, Brazil and Mexico.
3. (b) June 21st
The World Music Day 2019 was observed across the world on June 21, 2019. The International day, also known as the Fête de la Musique, is an annual celebration of music that takes place on June 21, the same day as the International Yoga Day.
4. (d) Rose Bowl
India is scheduled to take on Afghanistan tomorrow, June 22, 2019, in the Match 28 of ICC World Cup 2019 at Rose Bowl, Southampton. While India is riding high on 3 wins from four games, Afghanistan has had five back-to-back defeats. The Afghanistan team is ridden with issues both on and off the field.
5. (c) Ethiopia
The Ministry of External Affairs has issued an advisory to Indians visiting Ethiopia and expatriates residing there. The advisory comes in view of recent incidents of attacks on expatriates and foreigners in Addis Ababa and other parts of the country.
6. (c) 21st June
Google Doodle celebrated the Summer Solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere on June 21, the longest day of the year as it marked the official first day of the Summer Season in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer Solstice is also known as the ‘June Solstice’.
7. (a) IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank recently announced that 4 July will be the effective date of its merger with the Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd (BFIL). Post the merger, M R Rao, the current CEO of BFIL will become the CEO of IndusInd Financial Inclusion Ltd (IFIL).
8. (b) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh made it compulsory for the trekkers to carry a GPS device to tackle any emergency. The decision was taken at a review meeting chaired by the State Additional Chief Secretary Shrikant Baldi on preparedness for the monsoon.
9. (a) Karnataka
Karnataka and Maharashtra received the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for making Kolhapuris, the sturdy ethnic leather chappal (footwear). The tag will now help Kolhapuris artisans export them and also sell them on e-commerce platforms like Flipkart and Amazon.
10. (d) Bangladesh & South Korea
The Union Government has entered into agreements with Bangladesh and South Korea to broadcast DD (Doordarshan) India channel in these countries. In return, the state channels of these two countries will be shown on DD Free Dish in India
Current Affairs Quiz 19 June
1. Which country recently issued tsunami advisory after a 6.8-magnitude earthquake hit the northwest of country?
2. Which country will be the most populous by 2027, as per the United Nations report?
c) United States
3. When is the World Refugee Day observed every year?
a) 17 June
b) 18 June
c) 19 June
d) 20 June
4. Which State topped the 2nd edition of the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) list?
5. Which country will host the Conference of Parties of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in September 2019?
6. What is the name of cryptocurrency wallet announced by Facebook and its partners recently?
7. What is the name of former Miss India Universe who was molested and abused in Kolakata recently?
a) Debjyoti Vardhan
b) Anjana Bhattacharya
c) Kalpana Dasgupta
d) Ushoshi Sengupta
8. At which place PM Narendra MOdi will perform Yoga on International Yoga Day 2019?
9. Andaman and Nicobar Command join hands with whom for International Day of Yoga?
b) Baba Ramdev
c) Mata Amritanandamayi
10. Name of India’s first fully electric motorbike that was unveiled recently?
a) Renault BS 44
b) Suzuki SX 220
c) Hydra PTN 13
d) Revolt RV 400
1. (b) Japan
Japan issued a tsunami advisory after a strong 6.8-magnitude earthquake hit the northwest of the country. As per the Japan’s meteorological agency, a wave of one metre is expected to hit the coast of the Sea of Japan, north of Tokyo.
2. (d) India
India will overtake China as the most populous country by 2027 as per the United Nations report. India will have almost 1.64 billion inhabitants by 2050.
3. (d) 20 June
The World Refugee Day is observed every year on 20 June to commemorate the strength, courage, and perseverance of millions of refugees. The 2018 theme is #StepWithRefugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day”.
4. (c) Maharashtra
Maharashtra topped the 2nd edition of the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) list. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu bagged No 2 & 3 spot respectively. The list consists of India’s top 10 states that have a maximum number of LEED certified green buildings. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
5. (b) India
India will be hosting the 14th session of the Conference of Parties of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in September 2019. The event will see the presence of over 5000 delegates from 197 countries in Delhi.
6. (c) Calibra
One of the first applications built on top of the Libra blockchain will be Calibra, a cryptocurrency wallet that will allow users to receive and send Libra. In contrast to Libra, the stablecoin, and Libra, the blockchain, Calibra (the company) is a subsidiary of Facebook, and the development of Calibra (the wallet) will be under Facebook’s control.
7. (d) Ushoshi Sengupta
Ushoshi Sengupta, Former Miss India Universe, met with an unfortunate ordeal in Kolkata that she narrated in her Facebook post. She took to the Facebook to share her horrifying late-night trial in Kolakata. Ushoshi Sengupta was Miss India Universe in 2010.
8. (b) Ranchi
PM Narendra Modi will join the programme at Ranchi on June 21 on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2019. The program will be organised at Prabhat Tara ground. Modi will join the yoga session along with 18,000 people.
9. (a) Sadhguru
Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) will be joining hands with Sadhguru, Founder, Isha Foundation to celebrate the International Day of Yoga. As part of celebrations, Yoga sessions will be conducted in various clusters on 20th and 21st June 2019 at Birchgunj, Minnie Bay and INS Utkrosh. For the final day on 21st June 19, Sadhguru will lead the yoga session on board Floating Dock of Indian Navy (FDN-2).
10. (d) Revolt RV 400
Revolt Intellicorp has finally unveiled India’s first fully electric motorcycle, the RV 400. The company has announced that the bike will be launched next month and that deliveries will commence soon after. The company added that the top speed has been capped at 85kmph.
Q.1 The constitutional position of President of India is most closely similar to __:
[A] British Monarch
[B] US President
[C] Russian President
[D] British Prime Minister
Q.2 Which of the following states is sole producer of agate, chalk, and perlite in India?
[D] Tamil Nadu
Q.3 Which of the following states is India’s largest Bauxite producer?
Q.4 Which of the following is responsible for the fact that Tennis ball bounces higher at high altitudes than in plains?
[A] Low Gravity
[B] High Gravity
[C] Less dense air
[D] Low atmospheric temperature
Q.5 Which of the following is not a correct statement?
[A] One liter of cold air will be heavier than one liter of hot air
[B] Bats are blind but can fly in the dark because of echolocation
[C] In human body, Liver stores glucose as glycogen
[D] Foot and mouth disease of cattle is a viral disease
Q.6 A persistent fall in the general price level of goods and services is known as __:
Q.7 India’s first Uranium Mine is located at which among the following places?
Q.8 Tabo Monastery is located in which of the following states?
[A] Arunachal Pradesh
[B] Himachal Pradesh
[C] Jammu & Kashmir
Q.9 Which of the following is a correct set of two official languages of the United Nations?
[A] Hindi and Chinese
[B] Arabic and Chinese
[C] Japanese and Chinese
[D] Hindi and
Q.10 Which of the following features of Indian temples resembles pylons of the Egyptian temples?