1. Which of the following is the same as sial, sima, Mantle?
Answer : A. Core
All are layers of earth’s crust.
2. Sparrow is to Seed as Silkworm is to ______
Answer : B. Mulberry
First feeds on the second.
3. Choose the word which is least like the other words in the group.
Bake, Peel, Fry, Boil, Roast.
Answer : Peel
Here, all except Peel are different forms of cooking.
4. In a certain code language, “3a, 2b, 7c” means “truth is eternal”, “7c, 9a, 8b, 3a” means “enmity is not eternal” and “9a, 4d, 2b, 7b” means “truth does not perish”. Which of the following means “enmity” in that language?
Answer : 8b
In second and third statements, the common code is “9a” and the common word is “not”. So, “9a” means “not”.
In the first and second statements, the common codes are “7c” and “3a” and the common words are “is” and “eternal”.
Thus in the second statement, “8b” means “enmity”.
5. A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt.” How is the lady related to the man?
Answer : Sister
Lady’s mother’s husband –> Lady’s father.
Lady’s father’s sister –> Lady’s Aunt.
So, lady’s aunt is man’s aunt and therefore lady is man’s sister.
6. From the word “BEHIND”, how many independent meaningful words can be made without changing the order of the letters and using each letter only once?
Answer : 2
The words are “BE” and “HIND”.